It was the change of an era on Saturday when brothers John and Frank Orsi finally stepped down from Peppo’s chip shop.
And customers and friends turned out to wish them well in retirement.
There was firstly a private family party within the premises, which then spilled out into the street where large crowds gathered to bid a final farewell John and Frank Orsi.
The chip shop has been in the family for over 70 years, and in that time they have had a few celebrity customers, like Billy Connolly and actor Donald Sutherland.
The business was established in 1947 by their father Guissepe Orsi as The Round O Chip Shop, at which time it was situated in Allan Street.
In 1951 Guissepe decided to relocate the chip shop, moving to its current location in Ladybridge Street.
Customers of a certain age will recall going for a swim at the public baths, then nipping around the corner to Peppo`s for a "poke o’ chips".
John and Frank officially handed over to new owner Gary Smith, wishing him every success in the future.